Updated March 20, 2016
If you are pleased with how things are in Quebec, please stop reading this page immediately!
IF you are NOT pleased, Please SHARE!
I solemnly swear that:
1) I will not vacation anywhere in Quebec as long as long as Quebec treats English speakers as a disease. If I wish to have a vacation close to home I will go to Ontario or the US. I will encourage all those outside of Quebec to stay away from Quebec, and not support its racist language laws by spending $$$ here.
2) I will no longer purchase lottery tickets in QC or go to any casino in Quebec. If I have the urge I will go to a movie theater or watch a film on Netflix instead!
3) I will not purchase wine, liquor or beer in Quebec. I will purchase what I need in Ontario or the US. The same goes for tobacco products (duty free).
4) I will limit my purchases in Quebec in order to avoid supporting the Office de la Langue Francaise and the anti-English laws of Quebec, to the basic essentials only. For everything else, I will make every effort to shop in Ontario, the US and online, so that I can avoid paying sales taxes in QC!
5) Why does the Government of Quebec advertise that people should not work “under the table”? The loss of revenue hurts!!!!! 🙂 If the loss of revenue hurts the Government of Quebec; but helps the people of Quebec, is it really a bad thing? 🙂 I swear that I will avoid paying taxes in QC by dealing with others, “under the table”.
Wine in Ontario is generally 10% less than in QC. As long as QC does not welcome bilingualism it can do without our bilingual $$$. Since Sept 1/13 I have not purchased any wine/liquor or beer in QC or for that matter lottery tickets either. We are in Ottawa every month and bring back wine. Sales taxes in ON are 2% less than Quebec. We proudly avoid shopping in QC, except for our basic needs, and we happily save money by doing so!
Will we be putting mom and pop stores out of business? “NO!” We shop at major retailers in the US/ON and avoid ones in QC that refuse to put up bilingual signs. We pay enough in taxes to QC and we do not feel that we owe QC anything, for being treated as second class citizens.
DO You owe Quebec anything for how they treat you?
* * * * * *
If you value your rights and freedoms, as proud Canadians, now is the time to show this government that we will not go quietly into the night!
Join in and fight against the linguistic racism of the PQ! Take the pledge
Please forward it via Twitter, share it on Facebook, etc.
If you have any suggestions to make as to what should appear upon this blog, please do not hesitate to comment below. Comments will not be published (as a comment) unless you request that they are. “None of us is as smart as all of us!”
‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.’ Thomas Paine
Is it is time yet to stop being a chicken, to stop talking/complaining, and to actually do something constructive, such as forwarding/sharing and following this blog? “Everyone likes to talk about the weather, but few do anything to change it.”
Please feel free to send this site to your Member of the “National Assembly” http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/deputes/
Here is a petition that you are encouraged to sign once and SHARE often! http://petitions.moveon.org/dashboard.html?petition_id=93785 Well over 20,000 have signed!!
The following is a Cabinet Minister from Quebec, making a fool of herself years ago on CBS! In recent weeks (Oct-Dec/2012) people in Quebec have been physically attacked for speaking English in public! One person has been charged with attempted murder. In one case, someone who threatened the life of an English Rights activist was not even sent to jail. Does Quebec sound like the type of place where you would like to vacation? 🙂